The use of the CBD Edibles happens to be most important as a wide variation of the same happens to be most useful.
You may have heard of CBD lately. This cannabinoid is making its way onto the market by leaps and bounds and has more and more followers, who rely on this substance to improve their health and general well-being. The market for CBD products is growing very fast and you can already find them in health food stores, para pharmacies, or through the internet. There are more and more manufacturers of different CBD products, including CBD edibles, trying to reach a larger audience.
With the wide variety of CBD products available, you may not be quite sure what to choose. There are oils, vaping liquids, concentrates, edibles. It can be difficult to decide where to start. To make your decision easier, we bring you this guide with everything you need to know about CBD oil and CBD edibles. So you can make the best decision among the most common options. But first, we are going to explain what CBD is.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is one of the many substances present in the cannabis plant, which are collectively known as cannabinoids. The one that has the most fame, for better or for worse, is THC. This cannabinoid is known for the psychoactive and intoxicating effects that “high” the user.
But CBD does not behave in the same way as THC and it does not cause the same effects in the body. CBD is not intoxicating, so its consumption is safe and the user does not feel any alteration. Many people are starting to use CBD as a health supplement, as it is believed to help the body maintain homeostasis and improve general well-being.
- Eating raw cannabis does not produce a psychoactive effect and it does have beneficial effects on our health.
- Eating raw marijuana can cause some stomach upset and if the goal is to “get high” ingesting it raw will not give that result.
- Decarboxylation is simply heating cannabis to a temperature high enough to activate the plant’s cannabinoids, we are talking about a minimum of 105 degrees Celsius, which you easily achieve by smoking or vaporizing.
- There is no scientific study on why certain people suffer from stomach discomfort when ingesting raw, although it is important to take this data into account. Compounds in raw marijuana may be responsible as there are many plants that must be cooked before eating or are easier to digest after cooking.
- It can also contain pesticides and insecticides that can make you sick if not cleaned properly. Many people do tolerate ingesting raw marijuana without any problem.
- In its raw form, cannabis does not contain THC (psychoactive) it contains much more tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA), an acid form of THC.
- Once you have decarboxylated the cannabis, it can be consumed producing the psychoactive effect. To maximize these effects, it is best to add marijuana to butter or cooking oil, ideally virgin and organic olive. THC dissolves in fat, not water, so it is easier for your body to digest if it is consumed with fatty food.
Unlike smoking which produces the psychoactive high almost immediately, edible marijuana is first digested in the stomach before entering the blood and feeling the high. This means that psychoactivity will turn on more slowly, last much longer than smoked, and have a greater effect. You can consume the herb in various recipes with marijuana.
The benefits of eating cannabis raw
If you are looking for the health benefits of eating raw marijuana, you should know that non-psychoactive cannabinoids that are normally lost at high temperatures have health benefits, such as antitumor effects.
- A 2012 study found that raw cannabis may be an even better option for people who experience unpleasant side effects from its psychoactivity.
- THC has many own benefits, scientific evidence tells us that stimulates immune function and even has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Also, raw cannabis preserves many desirable terpenes and flavonoids that have their own health benefits.
Non-psychoactive seeds are also very healthy, such as for lowering blood pressure, as well as being rich in protein, antioxidants, and healthy fats such as omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. Although eating raw marijuana is not “high”, if you want to test its benefits of eating raw cannabis, make sure you start with a small amount so you don’t upset your stomach. Besides CBD oils, there are many other products for sale on the market. Another very popular option is the CBD edibles. We are going to tell you about the advantages and disadvantages of each option.